Have you ever been banned from an Arma server for winning a firefight against the staff? Maybe you blew up their base. Maybe some asshole in chat really deserved to hear what you had to say but he happened to be a donator so you got banned. Yeah, us too. Fuck that shit.
After being kicked from server after server, SOT decided it was time to stop playing on other people's servers and began looking into renting our own. The problem is that takes effort and thats not our strong point. Enter KOS, a rival group from our Breaking Point days. Not only did they have the same problems with abusive staff, but they had the drive to get the ball rolling. Thus KoSoT's Shitshow was born.
The fair server guarantee:
A clean, well running server with the least amount of admin contact possible. Initially we wanted to limit admin powers to only a couple people. Unfortunately that just doesnt work with Arma. There needs to be at least one admin available at all times because frankly, shit happens, and noone wants to end their gaming night early to wait for an admin to log on the next day. But (and it's a big but) noone will EVER play while logged into the admin console. Anyone caught doing so will lose their powers immediately and permanently. Noone logged in will ever spot for their friends, spawn resources, or search through base inventories to find good targets. We will NOT ban players for anything less than cheating, so let the shit talking fly (maybe avoid racism, though). Kill us, raid our bases, and then tell us how bad we are and how slutty our moms are. The only consequence will be in game (fair) revenge. This is not your average Arma 3 server!
- Running cheat engines of any sort will get you banned before
we even get to you.
“I ran a cheat engine once and got put on a ban list, but I don't do it anymore!” We'll give you the benefit of the doubt. We have our own private ban list. Fuck up again and you're out.
- Duping will also not be tolerated. We aren't giving ourselves free items, there's no reason for you to either.
- Intentional terrain glitching. This includes but is not limited to sitting inside a rock shooting people who cant shoot back or using the terrain in conjunction with Arma's shitty collision detection to push yourself inside of bases.
- Using elevated priveldges to give yourself or anyone else an advantage. Yeah, that's right, there's a cheating rule for the staff also. Should anyone provide proof of abuse, logs will be checked (our admins cant alter the logs), and justice will be dispensed appropriately (loss of power plus a visit from the next closest member for a hearty kick in the balls).
What is considered cheating?
- rearm cars helis at fuel stations
- advanced towing
- fast rope from heli
- fast rope from buildings and rocks above 4.0m
- ability to crack safe with a 30% crack rate 10 minute timer makes blowing in a base have some extra things to raid
- ability to trap safe with satchel explosives to protect the safe a little
- scan safe for traps on safe
- disarm safe trap 50% chance of working or blowing up
- one safezone trader with civi weapons
- black market traders mill grade weapons not a safe zone
- custom locations added to the air fields and other places explore to find these
- zcp capture points
- town takeovers
- dms mission system
Known bugs: Feel free to comment with any additional troubleshooting
Will contain links to posts in the bug sub-forum